Saturday, June 22, 2013

Build-a-Library Baby Shower

I had the privilege of throwing a baby shower with some of my best friends for of our dearest friends. After hours of browsing Pinterest I was determined to throw her a Build-a-Library shower! How unique and how precious?

First, as any party planner does, we started with FOOD! I stumbled upon really great food ideas from Pinterest so we picked our favorites and made them our own! The menu consisted of




One Fish, Two Fish, Red Fish, Blue Fish--Rainbow Goldfish


"Goodnight Moon-Moon Pies"


 "Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs-BBQ Meatballs"


"Pinkalicious Pink Lemonade"


Green Deviled Eggs & Ham Sandwiches


"If you give a Mouse a Cookie-Chocolate Chip Cookies & Oreos"


The party favor was gummy worms in a small bag. The tag reads "Thank you for coming, celebrating, and bringing a book to confirm that little Ansley will truly become a precious bookworm."



Pinterest is always the saving grace for shower activities so I found the "Create an ABC Book" game.  This gave the group an opportunity to "rehabilitate" their creativity and draw pictures that coordinate with the alphabet letter. . This was truly a very special baby shower full of love and literacy! Little miss Ansley will enter the world with 85 children's books that she will hopefully one day read to her children. 

If you have any specific questions feel free to contact me!

1 comment:

  1. So many cute ideas!! I am throwing a children’s book theme shower for my sister. I saw the ABC book and was wondering how it worked out? There will be more than 26 guests, did you have more than one page per letter? Or did people add a little to each letter page?

    ReplyDelete