Monday, June 24, 2013

Strawberry Volcanoes

What a yummy way to make strawberries, chocolate, and whipped cream educational! This week we were focusing on Dinosaurs, and of course volcanoes got thrown into the mix! So I started browsing Pinterest for volcano projects. Obviously we have exhausted the whole vinegar/baking soda experiment so it was time to get creative! So I stumbled upon a "Strawberry Volcano" pin! Here is the link to the blog with their version of Strawberries Volcanoes.

http://www.showfoodchef.com/2010/07/strawberry-volcano-for-my-blog-versary.html

As wonderful as this blog's reciepe was....I had to simplify it! I work with kids, and on a budget. All you need to complete this delicious art work is Hershey Hot Fudge Topping, 1 Can of Whipped Cream, and 2 packs of fresh strawberries. 

We heated the hot fudge in the microwave for 1-2 mins until it was warm to touch. I had the kids pull off the green steams and then dip the bottom of the strawberry in the chocolate! After we swirled whipped cream on top of of the strawberry then boom STRAWBERRY VOLCANOES! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment